I Am Legend

Hey guys! Before I start showing off and bragging about my new stuff, I just wanna say a bunch of THANKS to everyone who keeps reading my blog. Please know that every lovely comment means a lot to me, and it makes me wanna keep on blogging and blogging and blogging. Reading comments everyday and realizing that peeps are actually reading my blog really makes me smile like ^_________________^

Now let's get down to business.

Just like everybody else, I also love going shopping every payday. The only difference is, while everybody's rushing their way to the nearest mall on a payday, I am busy planning which of my favorite thrift shops to visit first. :)

Today, I went to the ultimate thriftshopping spree. I started around 2 in the afternoon after sending off my mother to the bus station after our morning shopping trip in Divisoria. I didn't see anything I liked in DV so I decided to just go ukay hopping in the afternoon.

And behold the marvelous pieces of treasures I have scored!

A pair of black studded boots! They're kinda not my size (an inch bigger I think) but I couldn't care less. They  look almost brand new, and they're super comfortable to wear!

Super cool band blazer that reminds me a lot of My Chemical Romance's Welcome To The Black Parade album. I'm a huge MCR fan [I know you didn't see that one coming] since my college days and I've always wanted to own a jacket like this! I've seen a lot of these blazers before but it's either they were way too pricey for me, or they didn't come in black, or they didn't fit me. This one just fits perfectly! Best part is, it has shoulder pads! ^_^ 

A mega kickass black leather jacket! If you've been a regular reader of my blog, you'd know that I'm a sucker for biker jackets! I've lusted for them for a long time. At first I thought I won't be able to find something like this in my fave thrift shops, but I didn't wanna buy the expensive ones I see in malls. I have faith in thrift shops. It took me long before I found the perfect ones but now, you wouldn't believe how many of this kind of jacket I already own. I have TONS! And I haven't even worn or blogged about some of them yet! 

Yet another leather biker jacket--because one is just NOT ENOUGH. I found this one which is in the lightest shade of pink. I know it looks cream in the photo but I swear it's a light shade of baby pink...more like 1-day-old-baby pink! (WHAT?) It's so pretty and badass at the same time!

A very preppy pair of pants/slacks and another pair of my favorite samurai pants! Can I just say I am really happy about my dressing these past few months. I used to be very picky when it comes to the style of clothes I wear. I used to be scared of maxi dresses and skirts, freaked out by corporate-looking clothes, and totally disgusted by Oxford shoes. I was stuck with mini dresses, short shorts, and leggings. But now, I am starting to get addicted to maxi stuff, starting to adore the preppy shit, and even owned a pair of oxford shoes recently. I guess I've changed a lot in the sense that I am now brave enough to try something new--looks I never thought I'd ever look good on. Seriously, I am loving the brave new Niknok Style. XD

Of course, how can I forget to buy new accessories? Got another pair of feather earrings because I enjoyed my first feather earrings experience. Also got this weird vampire fangs connector ring. Now, don't judge me because I have a thing for vampires. Haha. This is a sign that I'm officially getting hooked on Being Human (UK version) and I'm falling in love with boys who have fangs. BTW, did you notice something wrong about the teeth in the middle? Shouldn't there be only two normal teeth in the middle of those fangs?? This must be a freak vampire's teeth. Haha

And last but not the least, this one-of-a-kind floral top! And what is so "one-of-a-kind" about this top, if you may ask? Oh well, I know it doesn't look that "special" aside from the fact that it has big flowers in it --and I hate big flowers. But check out the label...


WIN. It's not everyday that I find a top with a label that says it's GOOD SHIT and it's SO FUCKING SPECIAL. Pretty cool isn't it? I was really doubtful about the big flowers on the print but I bought it anyway. I have to live up to the "brave new" Niknok Style so I'm gonna look at this top as a challenge. What am I gonna wear it with? How am I gonna wear it without looking like a 40-something-vegetable-vendor from the Mountain Province? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.


So there. These are the new marvelous things I'm gonna have to forcefully shove into my closet once again. Sorry closet, you're not going to retire until I say so. So just deal with it. ^_^

For those who would be asking where I went thrifting today, I started in Avenida in Recto, then to Quiapo. That was just the first part though cuz after almost 2 hours of a bus ride home, I dropped by two other thrift shops somewhere here in Pasig. So I got all of these from 4 different thrift shops I visited today.

And if you wanna know how much all of these cost me, they're all around 1,500 Php--approximately $35. Pretty f*cking cheap.

Nothing beats the feeling of coming home after a long and tiring shopping spree, looking at all the pretty things you've taken home with you and realizing you got them all at a very sweet price, and you can skip the part "Shit! I overspent and now I'm all broke again!".

If I went shopping in a mall just like everybody else, I'd probably get only 1 leather jacket in that amount and I'd come home with the bittersweet thought: I have a new jacket, new shoes, new this, new that---but I'm broke now. I'm happy and proud to say I am not that person right now. I came home with all these new things and I'm not even close to getting broke. Behold the wonders of Ukay Shopping. LOL Now tell me, how can I not love ukays? Thrift shops are heaven on Earth. And today, I have just proven once again that I am a LEGEND when it comes to thrift shopping.

PS: Please don't take all the bragging seriously, I just get super cocky when I'm happy. Toodles!

Comments

  1. OMG! I loved the boots and the light pink jacket ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. great items! the maxi skirt is nicenice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my all this is amazing for under $35!
    Wish I could find some chic thrift stores here.
    Where are you from?

    Check out my lovely blog.

    http://lea-oh-lea.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love what you thrifted! everything looks nice! I personally love the boots! haha! :)I will be ukay shopping too tomorrow morning! :) haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I'm jealzz. you spent just 1.5k and you got super awesome stuff! Bring me with you when you thrift shop again! wanna steal your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ANG GALING MO MAG-UKAY! SUPER! THE BRAND OF THE TOP YOU GOT IS SO FUNNY. DOES THAT BRAND REALLY EXIST?! HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love thrift shopping as well!! I wear a lot of ukays too because I'm very kuripot when it comes to buying too expensive clothes hahaha!And you hair doesn't look boring naman at all, ganda nga eh :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol Love your finds! Great style hun!

    Come follow my blog hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great items! I just looooooove the boots ttm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your finds! Just stumbled across your blog now, it's so aawesome!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts