Dead Black Birds

Black feather earrings - Accessorize
Black & gold studded cuff bracelet - Divisoria
Mustard cardigan - SM Dept. Store
White V-neck top - Divisoria
Samurai pants - Thrifted
Studded gladiators - People Are People

My samurai pants are back by popular demand! Well actually, that "popular demand" I'm talking about was just me cuz I'm really in love with these pants and I've been wanting to wear them everyday since the first time I wore them to work. But since I'm a little strict when it comes to repeating my outfits, I had to wait for more than a week to be able to wear it again.

So when my friends asked me yesterday for today's "theme", I said "Let's do BLACK AND WHITE!" I just had to grab that chance since it gives me the perfect excuse to wear this glorious pants again as well as my newly bought feather earrings!

Speaking of my feather earrings, I just fell even more in love with them today! ^_^ I remember that day when I first laid eyes on them at Accessorize (Robinson's Galleria). They cost WAYYYY too much for a pair of earrings and I was just a poor, jobless little girl back then! It was devastating to leave that store without them because I had to be practical--save my money, and spend wisely until I get a new job.

After a few months of lusting after those feathers, I decided to check them out at the store last payday, and there they were, happy to see me again---and most probably dying to greet me with:"Hey Niknok! Look! I'm 50% OFF! Please take me home with you!". Who am I to say NO to that?

Anyway, wearing them for the first time today made me realize that there are actually pros and cons of wearing feather earrings. So I'm gonna share them all to you:

Pros Of Wearing Feather Earrings

  • They are light...as a...feather.
  • They look gorgeous - hair up or hair down.
  • They make great conversation starters.
    • For example: How many crows did you murder this morning just to be able to wear those earrings?
  • They are total headturning, statement pieces!

Cons Of wearing Feather Earrings

  • They're way too light that I easily forget they're actually there so whenever I try to comb my hair, they get all tangled up!
  • They're way too light that when the wind blows, they'd fly directly on my face. It's not really supposed be a huge problem, unless you're a paranoid like me who freaked out cuz I thought an insect just landed on my face.
So, there you go with my nonsense lecture on feather earrings. Truth is, there really shouldn't be any downside to wearing feather earrings. Unless you're as clumsy, insensitive, and paranoid as I am, I see no reason for you to believe the "cons" part of my stupid little lecture today. Haha

Comments

  1. FUNNY LECTURE ABOUT FEATHER EARRINGS! =)) I ONCE LOST ONE OF MY PEACOCK FEATHER EARRINGS INSIDE THE MALL AND I TRIED TO FIND IT. LUCKILY, I DID. HAHA. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! For a second I thought your pants was a maxi skirt lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color combo!

    http://blog.badjoan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore you yellow cardigan and palazzo pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. très jolie tenue, j'aime beaucoup

    et tes photos sont superbes

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm sooo into feather earrings lately! love everything :)

    hearts,
    Melai of Style and Soul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours in this post - you look great! :) Good to know about those feather earrings ;)

    xx, Mikaela

    http://www.framboisefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, i can't believe you thrifted those pants! they're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit, and I thought the samurai pants was a maxi skirt! The mustard cardigan did a great job in adding a pop of color. I'd definitely love to try this look sometime! Btw, truly enjoyed the story with the feather earrings - you look great on them too! - Mar
    http://notyourordinarybeautyqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The yellow color reminds me of birds ^___^ you rock the maxi skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your feather earrings are so pretty! And we looove your colour block outfit =)

    xx

    Thessy & Yiota

    www.saboskirt.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts