One Day

The trick of it, she told herself, is to be courageous and bold and make a difference. Not change the world exactly, just the bit around you. Go out there with your double-first, your passion and your new Smith Corona electric typewriter and work hard at … something. Change lives through art maybe. Write beautifully. Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately and fully and well. Experience new things. Love and be loved if at all possible. Eat sensibly. Stuff like that.
One Day by David Nicholls
Saw this movie with the boyfriend yesterday and boy was I blown away? I loved the story so much, it's sad but its beautiful. I cannot even imagine how I was able to hold back tears on the saddest part of the movie. It was depressing but in a good way--bittersweet. :(

I loved the setting of the film, very romantic and vintage-y. Anne Hathaway's outfits are super lovely! Expect a few outfits inspired by Emma Morley soon!

The only thing I didn't like about it was Anne Hathaway's British accent. I've watched way too much authentic British TV shows before so I know British peeps don't sound like that. It just felt weird watching British characters but not really hearing their British-ness perfectly, you know what I'm sayin?!

Comments

  1. wow, u make me curious with this movie, going to looking for it soon
    :D
    thx for share

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wanted to see this with my boyfriend, but he still won't go with me haha. It looks so cute, I'll have to buy it when it is out on DVD so I can check out all the cute clothes!

    Kaylee
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMGOSH I'm so happy that someone has seen this movie already and has liked it! I reallllly want to see this movie but was scared that it might be sort of lame. I love Anne Hathaway (I want to be bffs with her lol) and Jim Sturgess (I've watched Across the Universe one to many times). This makes me want to see it even more!

    http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts