How To Make An Ugly Sweater Look Cute


Guys, I am swamped with important things to do right now and I can't get my mind to focus on finishing a blog post that makes sense, so I thought I'd share with you a few outfit shots I took some time last year for this blog but never got around to publishing because -- you really don't wanna hear my lame excuses, do you?

These throwback #OOTD photos were taken last year when I was newly blonde and still had a regular office job.

If you have been on this blog before when it was still a personal style blog, then you must have noticed my thing for school girl outfits and seen my many attempts to channel my favorite Gossip Girl characters or look like a Japanese school girl. Attempt #1 and Attempt #2.

I'm not always dressed like a school girl when going to work though. Sometimes, I look like a punk rebel kid, sometimes I'm overdressed in girly shit, sometimes I'm in a freakin tutu, sometimes I go boho, and sometimes I look like a hobo.

There's one thing I'll never be caught dead wearing though. Corporate Attire. EW!






I bought this ugly sweater from a thriftshop because it's something not many girls my age would want in their wardrobe. And that's what made me more excited about having it. I didn't just score something unique, I also got myself a challenge because I had to think of ways to make it work without looking like an un-chic grandma.

Because this sweater looked kinda sad and old, I thought it'd be fun to make it look subtly cute so I paired it with a plaid school girl skirt (thrifted), pink polkadot socks from Bench, and a pair of Doc Martens I also scored from a thrift shop!

FYI When it comes to ukay-ukay [thrift shopping], I AM LEGEN...wait for it...DARY!

Added the red satchel for a pop of color that I think really completed the look and palette I was going for. Aren't the colors very Wes Anderson? I am head-over-heels in love with his unique style in film making. I am dying to live in a Wes Anderson movie.




I really do miss hanging out with my friends from the office and dressing up every day, but I guess it's the kind of "miss" I can easily get over with. I mean, who am I kidding? My friends can come over anytime if they want, I'll host a house party. Besides, I can still play dress up at home without having to go out, right? No, that's not weird. I've done it many times.

Seriously though, I don't see myself going back to the office job set-up anymore ever again. It took me many years to finally crawl out of the hell that is commuting and I have no intention of putting myself up to that much stress torture ever again. I'm a lot kinder to myself now and I'd like to keep it that way. 

Comments

  1. I wish I were good and patient in thrift shopping. I remember buying a very cute pair of boots from a thrift shop and I was only able to use it one time bcos it already broke on me :(

    Aneth // Summer Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's happened a lot of times to me too Aneth! One even gave up on me when I was walking on my way home huhu. Thank God I was just a few steps away. It's hard to find long-lasting shoes on thiftshops but I buy the really cool ones I see anyway and take as much outfit photos as I can before they fall apart. Hehe

      Delete
  2. Hi Nikki, what a great come back of your OOTD post. I really really like how you dress up, one reason why I keep coming back on reading your post, hihihi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Lin! I miss dressing up though! I have tons of outfit shots I didn't get to post so I'll be posting them soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts