Our Boracay Trip and 10 Things I'll Never Forget About It

Boracay Island white beach philippines

If I could get a dollar for all the times I've planned a Boracay trip that got cancelled, I'd be filthy rich by now. I've actually lost count of how many times I had to watch my dreams go down the drain and talking about those botched plans in the past still breaks my heart. Oh wait, not anymore! All those heartaches are forgotten now because it finally happened!

So even if this post is 10-months overdue, I'm still going share about this silly little dream come true! But instead of narrating our trip in chronological order,which is impossible now because of my messy memory, I thought I'd share instead the 10 things I haven't forgotten, and probably never will, about this crazy awesome Boracay trip!

1. MY IRRATIONAL DISLIKE FOR PLANE RIDES

Showed this message to my boyfriend while we were a thousand feet from the ground. (Of course, I was joking.) I'm not afraid of heights and this isn't my first time to ride a plane either but I just can't stand what pressure does to my hears and inside my head. Seriously, I have really high tolerance for external pain but not when it's coming from the inside. This is the same reason why I hoard painkillers for when I get my monthly torture cramps. lol

2. WATCHING THAT GORGEOUS SUNSET
Sunset in Boracay Island





These photos were taken the day we arrived. After checking in to the hotel and changing outfits (I did), we just grabbed late lunch cuz we were already starving, then headed straight to the beach to chill while waiting for sunset. And I know now why so many people love Boracay and would want to keep coming back. Can't blame them. I'm one of them.

3. THIS BREATHTAKING VIEW
Boracay Island Philippines white sand beach




I think everyone knows that no amount of photos will ever do justice to how beautiful the beach is in Boracay. I must have spent 60% of my stay there just staring at the ocean. It was definitely one of the most peaceful I have ever felt. And if I didn't have responsibilities at home, I would have stayed there and become a beach-bummin' hobo who sells sea shells by the sea shore.

4. THAT SUPER FINE WHITE SAND
Havaianas boracay white sand beach



Which was nothing like I've ever seen before! I couldn't stop touching it and burying my feet in it!

5. MY HARD-EARNED "BORA BODY" HAHA

Am I not supposed to be talking about this? Whatever. Tell me you don't prepare or at least hope you're fit enough for a bikini prior to a beach trip and I'll tell you to get outta here now. (LOL JK, come back!) Seriously though, I am not ashamed to admit I worked out like crazy a month before this Bora trip. I quit rice and exercised everyday. Like,  I skipped ropes, swung kettlebells, rolled and twisted, and fell on the exercise ball. Oh, the things I do.

I didn't really aim to get ripped though because a month is not enough to get super defined abs plus I cheated a lot of times when I discovered this yummy kebab outside the office and I pigged out on it everyday in spite of being on a "Bora diet". But I managed to get a little toned so my body issues kind of took a break when I finally measured 24 inches on my waist. #NiknokProblems

6. OUR INSANE BANANA BOAT RIDE




Ten months past that fateful day and I still haven't forgotten every split second of that crazy banana boat ride. It was my first time and even if I can't swim and the thought of being thrown in the ocean with nothing to hold on to except for a vest that might even slip off my body scared the living shit out of me, I freakin did it anyway. Brave, I know. But more than realizing how fearless I can be, that banana boat ride taught me a lesson:

NEVER EVER EVER RIDE A BANANA BOAT WEARING A BIKINI!!!

You'll never know what real struggle is until you're a girl in a swimsuit riding waves in a banana boat, forced to choose between holding on for dear life or preserving your poise and dignity in that itsy bitsy bikini. I bet you already know by now what I had to sacrifice to live and tell this horrible but hilarious story of our epic banana boat ride.

7. MY PARASAILING ADVENTURE WITH J

I did feel like throwing up at one point when we were swinging up there but it felt better when the swinging stopped. Like I said, I'm not afraid of heights so I actually enjoyed 1). hanging God-knows-how-many-feet high and seeing the ocean from up there 2). laughing at my nervous boyfriend who freaks out every time our harness thingy starts swinging back and forth.

This is the part when I realized how freakin happy I am. There's no one else I'd rather share this exhilarating experience with other than that boy right there beside me.

8. OUR IT'S-A-SMALL-WORLD-AFTER-ALL SURPRISE

Our former supervisor from our previous company happened to be there for a vacation as well! So we met him up outside the hotel where he was staying for a little catching up by the beach!

9. HOW INSANELY FUN IT IS TO TRAVEL WITH A CRAZY BUNCH OF AWESOME FRIENDS

It's clear to me now why I had to wait this long for this silly little dream of mine to finally come to life. Maybe fate was waiting for me to meet the best people to share all those awesome experiences with. And I have to say, the wait sure was hella worth it!

10. THIS LITTLE REMINDER THAT DREAMS DO COME TRUE

Dream Come True Boracay


Call me lame for only being able to go to Boracay just last year [I had priorities, you know] and it's okay. I have laughed at myself more than anyone else has ever had so nothing/no one can really make me feel bad about the lameness of me being a Boracay newbie at 27.

In fact, I think that's what made this trip really special and definitely one for the books. I once thought this was never going to happen but it did and I was able to experience it all with J and our good friends!

Now who am I to whine about all the cancelled plans from the past when I finally got my silly little dream come true and had a total blast? 

Comments

  1. I had fun looking at your Boracay photos and your Boracay body, lol. I hate you right now for having a 24-inch waistline, loljk still a fan. Hahaha!

    My last trip there was 2 years ago and still itching to come back despite the number of people crowding the beach. And yes, that sunset is one of the reasons <3

    PS
    Yes to still posting long overdue travel articles! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe Thanks Ochi!!! That waistline only happened in Boracay and it seems to have stayed in Boracay because it's gone and I can't get it back now. HAHAHUHU

      Definitely feeling the same itch to go back! 3D2N is simply not enough!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great photos!! I also only got the chance to go to Boracay this year despite being born and brought up in Manila. Haha, I had many chances to go too but something always came up so I can totally relate! You should try helmet diving (if you haven't already) it's a great experience!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaya! We were supposed to go helmet diving but we missed the last spot/schedule for that day and we were leaving the next morning! Super bitin! But will definitely try that (and cliff diving) when I go back! ;)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful photos of this destination. Looks like such a fun place with plenty to do - the parasailing especially. Thanks for sharing!

    http://www.citystyleandliving.com/editors-notebook-travel-style/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts