5 Horror Movie Scenes That'll Haunt You Forever


I get asked a lot if I get scared [of ghosts] at night because I'm living alone. Aside from "Don't you get bored?", "Don't you get lonely?", and "Don't you have a family?", that is one question people can't stop asking me. And I guess now is the time to answer that question because obviously, I survived yet another home alone Halloween!

So, am I scared?

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and self-proclaim my badass-ness by saying I have no fears. I do get scared but I like doing this thing where I look fear straight in the eye. 

Like that time when I rode roller coasters in amusement parks, went parasailing with boyfriend in Boracay, and when I tried the crazy slides at Splash Island, my eyes were kept wide open especially on the scariest drops and the craziest loops. My goal is not to blink - not to miss a split second of that moment. No matter how freakin scared I was, I kept my eyes open.

I remember in college, I was so obsessed with Asian horror movies, I bought a lot of DVDs in Quiapo and watched them with my cousin Ida who had her eyes covered the entire time while I tried my hardest not to close my eyes on the super scary parts. I screamed loud, of course. But then I laughed [at our reactions] right after. And then I waited for more scary scenes to give me another heart attack!

In 2012, I was going through a sad and confusing time in my life that I craved so bad for an adrenalin rush (eeww how Bella Swan of me) and the only thing I could think of to feel something extreme that time was to watch a Thai horror movie alone in a theater. To other people, that sounds crazy but the movie wasn't even that scary. I was expecting to die from cardiac arrest that day but I guess what I was going through was a "different" kind of heart condition. LOL

I didn't do all those things so I can tell everyone about my bravery though. In fact, when I'm home alone, all those images from the movie scenes I've oh-so-bravely watched without flinching always come flashing back even up to this day, bringing chills down my spine!

In fact, I'm gonna share you guys today how the top five scariest horror movie scenes I've ever seen have been haunting me in my daily life:

1. When I'm in the shower and water's dripping on my face, I never close my eyes for too long to make sure no one else is inside trying to touch my hair.
The Grudge/ source
2. In front of the mirror, I make sure that my reflection matches every single move I make. You know, in case it tries to rip my mouth open like this! 
Mirrors / source
3. When I tuck myself to sleep, I try to forget I've ever seen this movie. Although most of the time, I fail lol
Ju On The Grudge 2 / source
4. Well, if you've seen Insidious then I guess you are forever haunted by this image of the demon. Just like I am. 

Insidious / Source

5. As you may have already observed, I love taking photos of myself at home when I'm alone. And when it's time to edit photos, I pray so hard that I'm alone on all of them!
Shutter / source
Shutter and Insidious are my favorite horror movies because they're the ones that left me speechless and sleepless for days and scarred for life. Lost count of how many times I've seen Shutter but it just never gets old, you know? Like, even if I've seen it more than a dozen times, this movie still scares the living shit out of me!

So yes. I do get scared. But I'm home alone 24/7 and I've gotten so used to it that all these scary thoughts don't even scare me anymore. The light in my staircase stopped working last week but I can still go downstairs in pitchblack darkness at 3 in the morning when I need to pee. And when I hear noises and things are getting knocked over, it's always just the cats. At least that's what I keep telling myself: It's just the cats.

I think it helps that I have a very chill mindset. I mean, I don't freak out so much about having spirits in my house. If I don't see it, then it doesn't exist. I haven't seen a ghost before, nor have I ever felt anything paranormal going on inside my house - it hasn't even been blessed yet!

I've heard many times before that there are spirits literally everywhere and if there's anyone else living with me here aside from my cats, the least I can do is to never offend it or do anything that will make it want to cause me harm. Just let it be, I guess. As long as it doesn't try to hurt me or photobomb me when I'm taking pictures, then mi casa es tu casa!

Comments

  1. Oh My G, Nikki, I can relate with number 2, 4 and 5. That scares me a loooooot. Like you, I've been obsessed also with Asian Horror Movies wayback then. Have you watched "COMING SOON" Shomba? It freaks me out really. Hinding-hindi talaga ako nakatulog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha haven't seen that movie yet! I stopped watching horror movies nung tumira na ko sa house ko mag-isa. Ayoko na kasing dagdagan yung trauma ng Shutter at Insidious sakin LOL

      Delete
  2. I love Asian Horror movies like Shutter! Medyo mas realistic compared to Western Horror films. Have you seen Pee Mak? I watched it because of Mario Maurer but it turned out to be a really good movie. Try watching A Serbian Film as well. It's not a horror film per se but it opens your eyes to the other types of horrors you face in this world! Pero watch it with caution. hehe

    Ochi | Ochi In The City

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD! Hahaha. I'm not really a scaredy cat which made me love this post! Great post! Haha. I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog :)

    Alyssa of www.alyssanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm scared of horror movies but I still clicked on this post of yours. All my fault for getting scared! Haha! It's funny how I can go through any adrenaline rushed adventures but chicken out at horror movies. The one I get scared by most is Conjuring! Now I'll just close this tab since I don't want to look at the photos again, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts