10 Super Ridiculous Things I Actually Believed As A Kid


Isn't it funny how all of us were once kids who didn't know shit about anything and in our desperate attempt to make sense of the things around us, we come up with the darndest theories?

I don't know why but I suddenly remembered the other night all the stupid thoughts I had when I was a kid and I couldn't help but LOL, cringe, and *facepalm* at how I was able to come up with such ridiculous ideas back then.

So I thought I'd share them here because really, my entire childhood suddenly feels like a joke to me now and I hope it makes you laugh too!

WHEN I WAS A KID...

1. I thought that if I doodled on my skin with a sign pen and didn't erase it for days, then it'll stay there forever like a tattoo.

2. I thought that people who have telephones, bicycles, roller blades, and twist door knobs at home are super rich people.

3. I thought I can kill myself by wrapping my face with a plastic bag or covering my face with a pillow while holding my breath for more than one minute.

4. I thought I could run away from home simply by riding a wooden cart (kariton) that I plan to secretly attach at the back of a Manila-bound bus.

5. I thought I was ugly because my legs and arms were full of scars and my knees were darker than the rest of my legs.

A photo posted by Dominique B. (@niknokniknok) on

6. I thought I can lighten my skin with laundry bleach so I rubbed Zonrox on my knees as per my equally ridiculous cousin Ida's advice.

7. I thought sitcoms were called "sitcoms" because you watch them while you're sitting.

8. I thought the people we watch on television are actual little people inside the TV so I would always peep at the back of the television set to find them.

9. I thought that apples can be easily grown in backyards so I saved the seeds when I eat apples and bury them at the back of our house wishing it would grow into a tree so I can eat as many apples as I want.

10. I thought people can celebrate birthdays more than once every year so after my birthday, I always wonder when my next birthday is.

If I could travel back in time, I'd like to meet my younger self and laugh at her and her silly ideas but tell her she's awesome and funny anyway - and that having scars and dark knees doesn't make anyone ugly.

I am pretty sure I'm not the only one who had silly thoughts like this as a kid and I bet someone out there had it even worse!

So when you're stressed out and tired and swamped with work and other life things to do, think of something funny about yourself like the stupid things you did and thought about as a kid. It helps, I swear! Look, it even inspired me to write!

Hope you guys laughed at my joke AKA me! Share me your super ridiculous beliefs as a kid too so we can all laugh at them together!

Comments

  1. ohhh I like this! I just wish I remember mine. When I was a kid I believed if we write what we want for Christmas on a note and hang it on a Christmas tree, Santa will leave the gifts under the tree on Christmas day. I really wanted the Pokemon stuff toy so badly and I got super mad when Santa didn't give me my gift I threw tantrums XD Few years later, I found out or rather I came to believe Daddy is Santa Claus and I got super mad at him for not giving me my gift >_<

    Jessica | http://ladyarizel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the Big Fat Santa Lie! It also broke my heart to realize that Santa was just my Nanay after all!

      Delete
  2. When I was a kid I had a dumb notion that the sign "post no bill" means free snail mail. So evertime I see one, I would always wonder where the slot is for dropping off a letter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Same here! Except I thought it was pertaining to the bills like "electric bills" and "water bills" and I'm like, why would anyone want to post their bills on that wall??

      Delete
  3. I believed in number 8 as well! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one! I used to believe Chinese people can really fly. Because they appeared as if they were every Sundays (on a TV series). I can relate to your number 9. Only mine was butong pakwan. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA that Chinese people theory of yours is just so funny!

      Delete
  5. Number 7 does make sense though!! It would've fooled me :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I was already a teenager when I realized what "sitcom" really meant!

      Delete
  6. I lol'd at number 9 :D I was doing that too. Not just apples, but I've been keeping also grapes seeds and burying them in our backyard hoping that it'll grow and I can harvest grapes. Nakakatawa lang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I know. Naalala ko din na naniniwala ako sa "KISSES" that it has the ability to procreate(nangnganak daw) Like you, I'm 90's kid also and it was awesome, hihihi. After reading your post, I wanted also to do this kind of post of what I believe when I was a kid. Can i ask your permission please?? Hehehe

      Delete
  7. I used to believe that if I run fast enough, I could launch myself in the air and fly. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHA LOL at #8! I I used to think the same thing! I would even say, "Kaya pala ang laki ng likod ng mga TV." I was under the impression they have their little community inside. Hahaha

    Buuut, you can actually kills yourself with a plastic bag if you pass out before you run out of breath. So you'd have to take some sleeping pills first and you'd eventually run out of oxygen since C02 is the only thing inside the plastic bag.

    Ochi | Ochi In The City

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an entertaining post! Thank you for sharing! I used to think that brown-eyed people could only marry other brown-eyed people. This made me super bummed because my crush in elementary school had blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to believe that if I have an impulse to touch something, say a plant. I need to touch it immediately to leave a my mark. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I once thought when a guy and a girl kiss, the girl will get pregnant! haha..Omg I miss my childhood so much. We were so innocent and had no idea about things back then lol

    http://thewallflowersecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are adorable!!! I think we all have those beliefs when we were young that would sound totally senseless today, but it makes so much sense when we were younger.

    And lol to the sitcom!!!
    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thank you Jhanz! Yes, I still can't believe I came up with that sitcom theory haha

      Delete
  13. Omg number 8, ganyan din ako. Ayoko na, natawa ako ng sobra Hahahahaha I remember Jolina Magdangal had a concert here in our place then when we reached home, I quickly sneaked on our television's back lol akala ko nasira na lumabas siya eh. Lol :)

    Lou | wander-soul.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post was absolutely adorable. Kids are so funny, especially in what they believe and imagine. Number seven made me laugh that is just too cute.

    Rae of Love from Berlin
    Bloglovin' // instagram

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts