this night is sparkling...


Hey guys! This post is kinda late but I wanna share it anyway! These photos were taken last November 12, 2010. It was me and my boyfriend's 5th anniversary! I guess that explains the girly outfit and that flower in my head?

What I wore: White V-neck shirt, high-waisted shorts, necklace and headband--all from Forever 21. Strappy sandals from SM Department store and red Marc Jacobs bag borrowed from my Tita cuz I forgot to bring a "date bag" with me when I came to Manila. ^_^

What he wore? I have no idea. Haha. I was really weirded out by my boyfriend's outfit that night. It's his brother's and it's from Disneyland! WTH? I mean, look at me! All dressed up with a friggin flower in my head and there he was with a borrowed tee from his brother and pants that don't even match his top and---FINE. He's a BOY. I get it. (Besides, he's not looking bad at all. ^.^)

Anyway....we didn't get to take many photos cuz we were both too tired and hungry that night. Both of us had a long tiring day (separately). He just got off work while I came from a lot of places and we just met up that night to celebrate our 5th year over a yummy dinner after watching Easy A which was a super super cool movie by the way!

You'll forgive me for the blurry photos, yeah? ^_^ They were all taken by the boyfriend but I couldn't blame him cuz it was really hard to take photos when the only lights we had were those coming from the hugeass Christmas trees in the background. He even gave me edited copies of them but I had to re-edit cuz his edits were all too dark and lomo-ish..while I want my photos clean and bright! The first two photos were my edits and the third to the last ones were his. See the difference?

That's how we are, I guess. We're two opposite poles of a magnet. He likes his photos dark, I want mine bright. He doesn't give a shit what he wears while I would never leave the house if I don't like what I'm wearing. He would rather die than ride a rollercoaster with me, while I am dying to ride a rollercoaster with him! He grew up listening to The Beatles, Eraserheads and Oasis while I listened to Britney Spears, N'Sync and Backstreet Boys throughout my teenage years.

He's rock, I'm pop. He was a diligent student, I was a delinquent student. He's Mr.Congeniality, I'm an Ice Queen. We couldn't be any more different from each other than we already are but we were able to stand being complete opposites for 5 years!

Considering our irreconcilable differences, it's way beyond my capacity to explain how we made things work between the two of us. I don't even know how we got this far...all I really know is that, all we made was LOVE, and not WAR. It's a fucking cliche' but what else can I say? Love really does conquer ALL.

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you!

Comments

  1. you and your boyfriend are adorablee :) wish you happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your anniversary, someimes differences attract as they say!

    I love these photos, the effect on them is great.
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment sweetie.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something magical about these photos...I didn't realize it was a Christmas tree until you pointed it out! I think it's ironic that you're wearing a summery outift by a Christmas tree...maybe that's just because my Canadian Christmas' are freezing cold, hehe! Your outfit is cute and you and your boyfriend look good together...congrats on the anniversary:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! i love ur little shorts :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your shorts! i also like ur bf's shirt! he's not afraid to mix it up! haha

    the first photo is amazing. psychadelic.

    congrats on 5 years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments! I really do appreciate them!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts