a birthday and a funeral...


I'm back! And I'm still alive. It's a surprise I am here right now still sane and blogging a comeback post on my blog. The first half of my February has been so draining. I know I've said before that it's going to be hectic but I never thought it'd get to something worse.

My uncle who's been sick for weeks just passed away last February 12. Our whole family was devastated as this is the first ever death in our family. It was the saddest day of my life. I've never felt what it's like to lose a loved one and feeling all that sadness was just too much. I thought I'd lose my mind. I was there with him from the very beginning. I was the one who transferred him from one hospital to another, I was the one who bought his medicines, I was there until his last breath, I saw with my own two eyes how he went from hopeful to hopeless. It was such a tragic experience for me...

Earlier this year, I thought I'd be having the most boring birthday ever--well, I was wrong. I just had the most memorable birthday ever. I turned 24 last February 17 but unlike what I have expected, everybody in the family showed up--we were complete for the very first time. But they didn't come for my birthday *sob* they came for Kuya Bong's wake. It's okay though, I totally understood. We were all too sad to even sing a Happy Birthday song anyway...so the birthday greetings were enough for me....

So here I am trying to blog again, hoping this will make me forget all the sadness even just for a while....

Comments

  1. Oh,I'm so sorry, I hope you will soon resume from this painful loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts